Electronic email is pervasively used in almost all industry verticals and is often the primary communication and awareness method within an organization. At the same time, misuse of email can post many legal, privacy and security risks, thus it’s important for users to understand the appropriate use of electronic communications.
The purpose of this email policy is to ensure the proper use of Tuxis email system and make users aware of what Tuxis deems as acceptable and unacceptable use of its email system. This policy outlines the minimum requirements for use of email within Tuxis Network.
This policy covers appropriate use of any email sent from a Tuxis email address and applies to all employees, vendors, and agents operating on behalf of Tuxis
- All use of email must be consistent with Tuxis policies and procedures of ethical conduct, safety, compliance with applicable laws and proper business practices.
- Tuxis email account should be used primarily for Tuxis business-related purposes; personal communication is permitted on a limited basis, but non-Tuxis related commercial uses are prohibited.
- All sensitive data contained within an email message or an attachment must be secured according to the Data Protection Standard.
- Users are prohibited from automatically forwarding Tuxis email to a third party email system.
- Individual messages which are forwarded by the user must not contain Tuxis confidential or above information.
- Users are prohibited from using third-party email systems and storage servers such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN Hotmail etc. to conduct Tuxis business, to create or memorialize any binding transactions, or to store or retain email on behalf of Tuxis
- Tuxis employees shall have no expectation of privacy in anything they store, send or receive on the company’s email system.
- Tuxis may monitor messages without prior notice. Tuxis is not obliged to monitor email messages.